Tuesday, July 26

Chasse Neige... (2)

Can you believe it? I started looking at the score today! To be honest, I had practiced the piece many years ago but I always hesitated to play it in public for the reasons exposed yesterday. But this time, I have a feeling that something might come out...
Yet one can immediately see that this study requires very special technical skills - especially in order to achieve good and even tremolandi. I also realised that I need to learn the score by heart asap - you risk playing too many wrong notes otherwise.
I am quite curious to see what will come out of this...

By the way, the best performance of the piece I 've ever heard is by Kissin. Unfortunately, I could not find it on youtube; it's an extraordinary recording, one that really goes beyond a "good" or even an "excellent" performance. Kissin does so many interesting and original things and in such a persuasive way. The way, for instance, he achieves the chromatic "wave-effect" around the middle of the piece, is quite unparalleled. I do admire him just for this 3 minutes recording...

No comments: