Friday, July 5

First Attempt at Composition... Four Sketches for Solo Piano

This is my first attempt at composition, and I must  say I thoroughly enjoyed the experience. The idea was to  compose four musical "miniatures", that is four very short (yet melodically dense) pieces. I have, of course been influenced by the composers that I love - Prokofiev and Rachmaninoff in particular. I also realised that it is of vital importance for a composer to gradually find his own voice, his own language. This is my hope - that I will be able, God willing, to find my musical "self".
In terms of recording, I was fortunate to play in a magnificent Steinway which helped me create a decent sound. 

The four pieces are:

1. Prelude
2. Valse
3. Elegy (Hommage à Rachmaninoff) 
4. Lullaby

I am looking forward to your feedback!



No comments: